Hello everyone I will show you how to build Xreces-in Windows 10 platform. I will use Mingw-w64 builds as a development toolchain but there are many other ways to achieve it like Cygwin, MSYS, etc.
It is highly advised to check my post Mingw & CMake installation in Windows you cannot proceed without them.
- Installing Mingw-w64
- Installing CMake
- Download xerces-c source package —> Link
- Extract it and create a folder named build next to it.
- Open a command prompt go to your build folder and type;
- Note that path can be change according to version or something else it the folder contains CMakeLists.txt
- It should open a CMake-gui window press configure couple times.
- Now you should have something like this;
- Note That I changed the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to “C:/Dev/xersec-c” you can change it to where ever you want.
- I don’t know what is this entries ICU_* so I did not configure them.
- After you make your configurations press configure and generate and close the CMake-gui window.
- Open a command prompt again and go to your build folder and type;
- This will start building note that t can take some time.
- After everything is done type;
- This will install the binaries to the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX