Hello everyone I will show you how to install Mingw-w64 and CMake in Windows 10 platform. I will use Mingw-w64 builds but there are many other ways to achieve it like Cygwin, MSYS, etc.
- Installing Mingw-w64
- Installing CMake
- Then chosse where you wanna install and click next to install.
Note: I created a folder named “Dev” in right under “C:\” it is advised to don’t install this kind stuff to paths contains whitespaces like “program files”.
- When installation finished click on the Windows Start Menu and type “Run” and click the respective App.
- Then type “sysdm.cpl” and click OK.
- Switch to the Advanced Tab and click Environment Variables .
- Now select “Path” from system variables (Don’t select it from user variables!!) and click edit.
Now Click new and add your Mingw installation’s “bin” folder to list.
Note: Click OK in every window popped up if you close them any other way variable wont be added
- Now for just testing open a command prompt and type “gcc” if it says;
gcc: fatal error: no input files
everything works fine.
- For testing open a command prompt and type “‘cmake-gui.exe” if it opens a cmake gui window it installed successfully.